We know we have a cute baby but you are not allowed to save this! Sorry, it's for our safety!!

Friday, September 14, 2012

Room Decorations

This is my Pinterest project I did for Brody's room. I absolutely love it, and it was pretty easy to make too!! The original plan was to have it hanging on a curtain rod, but all the walls in his room are concrete we found out sooo the screws wouldn't go in and we tried several ways to try to get the curtain rod to stay up with no luck so that would be the reason why the plug ins aren't covered up now! The last thing we tried made the paint come off and we didn't have any to touch it up with so now the plug ins show but whatever it's still cute lol.

Supplies:
Canvas'
Wood Letters (or if you have a cricut or other type of die cut machine you can do that also I just didn't have one)
Ribbon
Scrapbook paper (or fabric or combination of both)
Hot glue gun
Tacks
Wooden half circles to cover up the tacks (found at hobby lobby by where all the wood letters are)
Mod Podge


The tacks and circles were my solution to the curtain rod not working, I think it came out pretty good despite me wanting to REALLY use to the curtain rod lol.

To put it together just mod podge the scrapbook paper onto the canvas (if you use fabric I would either hot glue or staple it on) While that is drying you can paint your letters or paint your letters first so maybe they will be done by the time you are all done with the canvas. When everything is dry hot glue the letters to the canvas. You can put your ribbon on your canvas however you want or use none at all it's up to you. And then determine how long you want your hanging pieces, cut them and hot glue them onto the back. I wanted mine to stagger so I did 3 one length and 2 another. Then you are ready to hang it!

No comments:

Post a Comment